- Igihe, the Kagame’s RPF right wing newspaper wrote a one paragraph short story about the death of Ntwali John Williams. Writing just one paragraph of a number one fine investigative journalist in Rwanda, with thousands of followers on his Pax TV show, media platforms and owner of a major Rwandan newspaper seems odd.
- Ntwali used to be a former editor in chief of Igihe from 2010-2013. Igihe is the Main Rwanda Newspaper now totally owned by Kagame and his RPF. Giving him a one paragraph story in the Igihe newspaper he oversaw seems strange.
- In the original story, Igihe tried to demonize Ntwali that he was part of the army of former president Habyalimana. Igihe article read, “Ntwali Williams studied at the military school FAR Junior Officers called ESO which was located in Huye District. After that, Ntwali was sent to Belgium to continue his military training. After completion, he was assigned to Habyarimana body guards unit where he lived until this army was defeated.” This quote was from the original article on Igihe that appeared on January 19, 2023 at 7:29pm. This article had false statements. At the time of the Rwanda genocide in 1994, Ntwali was only about 14 years old. There was no way anyone in Rwanda could finish secondary school at that young age, graduate from a Belgium military school and at the same time be part of the presidential body guard unit at the young age of 14.
- Students who went to school with Ntwali confirmed that they all graduated from secondary school in the school year of 1998-1999.
- Since the first publishing of the story, Igihe removed the original article and changed it.
- Newspapers leaning towards Rwanda government wrote contracting stories about Ntwali, his past and his passing away.
- Friends confirm having seen Ntwali snatched away by the undercover police Tuesday evening.
- Those who know him said he was not a guy who would take a motorcycle late in the night; he had an issue with his safety and he would by no means venture outside to take a motorcycle by 2am as the police said.
- Friends who were with Ntwali on Tuesday and had talked to him that day confirm that he was always being followed and his life was in danger. When these friends tried to do a YouTube show to tell the truth about his death, they received threatening calls from Rwanda Intelligence that if they are not silent about it, they could lose their lives.
- The police who called Ntwali ‘s sibling to announce his death said he found the sibling name in Ntwali’s phone. How did they get the password to unlock the cellphone to his contacts?
- Ntwali’s Twitter account @williams_ntwali was taken down sometimes on Thursday January 19, 2023 but after a couple hours, it was reinstated – Who deactivated his account and who restored it?
FANS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF NTWALI JOHN WILLIAMS FROM AROUND THE WORLD CALL FOR A PROBLE OVER RWANDA JOURNALIST’S DEATH.
BBC World Service also called for an independent investigation.
Professor Charles Kambanda added,
“The proper call should be:
(1) REMOVAL OF GEN. PAUL KAGAME FROM POWER.
(2) INSTITUTE A SPECIALIZED CRIMINAL TRIBUNAL TO PROSECUTE THOSE MOST RESPONSIBLE FOR CRIMES AGAINST THE PEOPLE OF RWANDA UNDER GEN. PAUL KAGAME’S REIGN OF TERROR
N.B: Crimes against the people of Rwanda shall mean war crimes, crimes against humanity, rape, kidnap, torture, and murder)”